Daily Dispatch is a newspaper in East London, South Africa. DispatchLIVE is the award-winning website of the Daily Dispatch.
DispatchLIVE DispatchLIVE RSS
- Just how badly do electric vehicles depreciate in South Africa?on Apr 30, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Prices of pre-owned electric vehicles (EVs) on AutoTrader show some models losing significant value in the first twelve months after registration. Although this might be bad news for those who bought new, it does give a handful of shrewd buyers the opportunity to buy EVs at much reduced prices. Unfortunately, even in the pre-owned market EVs are still priced well beyond the average motorist’s car budget
- WATCH | Snow in Drakensberg, Eastern Cape and Lesothoby MaswenengK@timeslive.co.za (Kgaugelo Masweneng) on Apr 30, 2021 at 2:12 pm
The SA Weather Service issued a warning of disruptive rain leading to localised flooding of low-lying bridges, bad driving conditions and possible mudslides in parts of the Eastern Cape and southern KZN.
- Former Transnet CEO denies role in hiring Malusi Gigaba’s sisteron Apr 30, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Siyabonga Gama told the state capture inquiry on Friday he does not know Gugu Gigaba, the sister of former cabinet minister Malusi Gigaba, and has never met her.
- Animal cruelty case against National Assembly speaker Thandi Modise is dismissedon Apr 30, 2021 at 2:09 pm
SPCA inspectors found scores of dead animals, including chickens, geese and sheep at the farm.
- Safa closes in on deal to secure Benni McCarthy as next Bafana coachon Apr 30, 2021 at 1:49 pm
Benni McCarthy has agreed in principle to be the next Bafana Bafana coach‚ TimesLIVE is informed‚ however there could still be stumbling blocks to a deal being concluded.
- Ndebele activist Mahlangu forgives Boulders manager for faux pasby KokaM@arena.africa (Mpho Koka) on Apr 30, 2021 at 1:46 pm
“I am not angry at him. He needs to go back to work. I challenge all South Africans to practise their culture and learn their mother tongues,” says Thando Mahlangu.
- Uganda detects Indian variant, raising fears of Covid-19 surgeon Apr 30, 2021 at 1:44 pm
Uganda has detected the Indian variant of the novel coronavirus, igniting fears the East African nation could suffer a resurgence of cases just when its outbreak has waned, a senior health official said on Friday.
- Brad Binder tops timesheets in first Spanish MotoGP practice sessionon Apr 30, 2021 at 1:42 pm
SA's Brad Binder rocketed to the top of the timesheets in the first free practice session for Sunday's Spanish MotoGP
- Motorists can expect some fuel price relief in Mayon Apr 30, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Fuel prices have made a turnaround from last month, with across-the-board price reductions in all fuel types expected when the department of mineral resources and energy announces adjustments for May