TechCentral is the leading quality news and information resource for people involved in South Africa’s fast-growing information and communications technology industry and those interested in the fast-changing world of information technology. We provide quality news, reviews and comment relevant to our quickly expanding audience.
TechCentral South Africa's best technology journalism
- Sipho Maseko to step down as Telkom CEOby Duncan McLeod on Jul 23, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Sipho Maseko is stepping down as CEO of the partially state-owned telecommunications group Telkom after nine years in the job. He will depart on 30 June 2022.
- Booze ban, other curbs may be lifted as third wave recedesby Agency Staff on Jul 23, 2021 at 3:48 pm
Government said the third wave of coronavirus infections has passed its peak, a development that could give it scope to ease a ban on alcohol sales and other restrictions.
- Transnet isolates source of IT disruptionby Agency Staff on Jul 23, 2021 at 12:05 pm
Transnet said on Friday it had identified and isolated the source of the disruption to its IT systems, which impacted its container terminals.
- Vodafone gives thought to spinning off M-Pesaby Agency Staff on Jul 23, 2021 at 10:11 am
Vodafone Group has hinted it could spin off its African mobile money service M-Pesa after its popularity soared through the coronavirus pandemic.
- Vodacom turns in a strong first quarterby Duncan McLeod on Jul 23, 2021 at 6:48 am
Vodacom Group reported a strong 9% advance in revenue in the first quarter of its 2022 financial year, reaching R24.8-billion. If it hadn’t been for rand strength, the figure would have been 14.2%.
- Union urges action to protect Transnet after ‘cyberattack’by Suren Naidoo on Jul 23, 2021 at 5:47 am
While government says it is investigating whether the apparent cyberattack on Transnet on Thursday is related to recent unrest in KwaZulu-Natal, a union has appealed for help to protect the state-run logistics and port operator.
- Intel sales forecast implies rocky second half aheadby Agency Staff on Jul 23, 2021 at 5:00 am
Chip maker Intel said it still faces supply chain constraints and gave an annual sales forecast that implied a weak end of the year.
- Crypto savings vaults: Facts and myths unpackedby Revix on Jul 23, 2021 at 4:55 am
Promoted | Cryptocurrency investment firm Revix unpacks some of the facts – and myths – around the exciting new investment opportunity presented by crypto savings vaults.
- Huawei and Wavemaker launch innovative digital advertising platformby Huawei on Jul 23, 2021 at 4:36 am
Promoted | Multinational technology company Huawei has partnered with Wavemaker South Africa, the regional division of the world’s fifth largest media company, to roll out Huawei Ads.