TechCentral is the leading quality news and information resource for people involved in South Africa’s fast-growing information and communications technology industry and those interested in the fast-changing world of information technology. We provide quality news, reviews and comment relevant to our quickly expanding audience.
TechCentral South Africa's best technology journalism
- Apple, EU set for showdown over Spotify complaintby Agency Staff on Apr 30, 2021 at 9:37 am
Apple is set for another showdown with the European Union’s antitrust chief as she escalates an antitrust probe over its App Store.
- Logitech e-book: Deploying and managing video conferencingby Axiz Logitech on Apr 30, 2021 at 8:54 am
Promoted | Logitech and Axiz present five criteria for deploying, managing and maintaining a meeting room solution.
- New iMac, iPad Pro and AirTags – South African pricing revealedby Staff Reporter on Apr 30, 2021 at 8:11 am
South African Apple fans can expect to pay at least R26 000 for Apple's new M1-powered iMacs, while the new iPad Pro line-up will start at R14 000 and rise rapidly from there.
- 5 considerations before investing in cryptocurrenciesby Revix on Apr 30, 2021 at 7:37 am
Promoted | Investing in cryptocurrencies has become a much-talked-about topic. But there are a few considerations to be made before making your first investment.
- Work from Anywhere Tech Talk Series: Ep 5: ‘The promise of 5G’by Dell Technologies And Intel on Apr 30, 2021 at 7:01 am
Promoted | In the fifth and final episode of the Dell Technologies Work from Anywhere Tech Talk Series, company executives Jonathan Ryall and Tony Bartlett unpack the promise of 5G.
- South Africa’s new debit order system comes into effectby SANews on Apr 30, 2021 at 6:46 am
The South African Reserve Bank will introduce the Authenticated Collections/DebiCheck project from 1 May 2021 as part of its modernisation of the National Payment System.
- Twitter disappoints while rivals make hay amid pandemic boomby Agency Staff on Apr 30, 2021 at 6:34 am
Twitter has given a disappointing revenue forecast, a sign the social media service hasn’t fully capitalised on the digital advertising boom amid the pandemic.
- The global chip crisis is going from bad to worseby Agency Staff on Apr 29, 2021 at 6:00 pm
The global chip shortage is going from bad to worse with car makers on three continents joining tech giants Apple and Samsung Electronics in flagging production cuts and lost revenue from the crisis.
- Ayo Technology imperilled as court rules FNB case not urgentby Duncan McLeod on Apr 29, 2021 at 1:52 pm
The high court has ruled that Ayo Technology Solutions' bid to overturn First National Bank's decision last month to close the JSE-listed technology group's banking facilities will not be heard on an urgent basis.