TechCentral is the leading quality news and information resource for people involved in South Africa’s fast-growing information and communications technology industry and those interested in the fast-changing world of information technology. We provide quality news, reviews and comment relevant to our quickly expanding audience.
TechCentral Technology News Leader In South Africa
- Jo’burg seeks private sector help to solve electricity crisisby Lungile Msomi on May 23, 2022 at 12:42 pm
The City of Johannesburg, facing an energy supply and energy infrastructure crisis, is turning to the private sector for urgent help.
- Nersa approves first 100MW private power projectsby Duncan McLeod on May 23, 2022 at 12:10 pm
Energy regulator Nersa has approved the first two 100MW private power projects in South Africa, with the two sites expected to come online in about 16 months.
- Michael Dell becomes kingmaker in Broadcom, VMware dealby Agency Staff on May 23, 2022 at 12:03 pm
Technology entrepreneur Michael Dell once again finds himself at the centre of one of his industry’s biggest deals.
- The rewarding and lucrative careers to be had in infosecby KnowBe4 Africa on May 23, 2022 at 10:26 am
Promoted | Skills gaps in cybersecurity mean self-starters could quickly put themselves on lucrative career paths. KnowBe4 Africa's Anna Collard explains how in this podcast.
- Bernie Fanaroff – the scientist who put African astronomy on the mapby The Conversation on May 23, 2022 at 9:01 am
Visionary scientist Bernie Fanaroff is one of the key individuals responsible for the current growth and strength of astronomy in South Africa.
- WhatsApp is dropping support for these older devicesby Staff Reporter on May 23, 2022 at 8:18 am
WhatsApp plans to drop support for some older Apple iPhone devices, WABetaInfo reported at the weekend.
- Tencent’s Pony Ma airs rare frustration during China slowdownby Agency Staff on May 23, 2022 at 7:08 am
Tencent CEO Pony Ma shared a viral opinion piece slamming China’s weakening economy under stringent Covid Zero measures.
- The load shedding prognosis for the week aheadby Agency Staff on May 23, 2022 at 6:07 am
Eskom expects to implement stage-2 power cuts during the evening peaks all of this week – assuming the situation doesn’t deteriorate.
- Is it time to buy bitcoin again?by Joanna Ossinger on May 23, 2022 at 5:56 am
The largest cryptocurrency rose as much as 1.8% to $30 450 on Monday morning in Asia. That’s after it fell for seven straight weeks.