TechCentral is the leading quality news and information resource for people involved in South Africa’s fast-growing information and communications technology industry and those interested in the fast-changing world of information technology. We provide quality news, reviews and comment relevant to our quickly expanding audience.
TechCentral Technology News Leader In South Africa
- Icasa awards provisional spectrum – here’s who gets whatby Duncan McLeod on Nov 26, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Icasa has licensed “provisional” spectrum to operators, ahead of an end-of-the-month deadline to do so, in the process resolving the threat of legal action.
- SABC opens bids for Internet streaming platformby Duncan McLeod on Nov 26, 2021 at 12:04 pm
The SABC has issued a request for proposals from suppliers as it prepares to launch an Internet streaming service that is likely to be a key component of its future strategy.
- Ramaphosa: Eskom is on the mendby Adriaan Kruger on Nov 26, 2021 at 12:02 pm
President Cyril Ramaphosa said things are improving at Eskom and that government is aware of the importance of reliable and stable electricity supply.
- Covid crashes cryptoby Agency Staff on Nov 26, 2021 at 9:53 am
Bitcoin tumbled over 9% on Friday, dragging smaller tokens down, after the discovery of a new, potentially vaccine-resistant coronavirus variant.
- South Africa questions flight ban amid global alarm over Covid variantby Alexander Winning on Nov 26, 2021 at 9:39 am
South Africa said a British ban on flights over a new Covid-19 variant seemed rushed, as EU authorities prepared similar moves.
- SA working at ‘lightning speed’ on new Covid variantby Antony Squazzin on Nov 26, 2021 at 6:23 am
South African scientists are working “at lightning speed” to ascertain how quickly the concerning new coronavirus variant can spread.
- Rand tanks to below R16/$ amid Covid concernsby Agency Staff on Nov 26, 2021 at 6:15 am
The rand weakened beyond R16/US$ for the first time in a year amid growing concern over a coronavirus variant.
- Car manufacturers get inventive as global chip crisis bitesby Agency Staff on Nov 26, 2021 at 6:13 am
Car makers are having to get creative to cope with the global shortage of semiconductors.
- Interview: Revix CEO Sean Sanders on why there’s still time to invest in cryptoby Revix on Nov 26, 2021 at 5:00 am
Promoted | Revix founder and CEO Sean Sanders returns to the podcast for a multi-faceted information-sharing session on cryptocurrency investment.