The Independent on Saturday is an English-language South African newspaper, part of Independent News & Media. It was launched in 1998 to replace the Saturday Paper, which was formed in the mid-1990s after the demise of the Saturday editions of the Daily News and the Mercury. The Independent on Saturday circulates primarily in the greater Durban area, but is also distributed to other parts of the KwaZulu-Natal province.
IOL section feed for The Independent On Saturday IOL Section Feed from Independent Media (South Africa).
- Durban creeps back to life as business counts multibillion-rand cost of mass lootingon Jul 19, 2021 at 3:17 pm
- How a Durban community ’rescued’ under-siege cops battling looterson Jul 19, 2021 at 11:23 am
- Socio-economic problems have played a part in civil unreston Jul 19, 2021 at 9:53 am
- Civil Unrest: SA expats in New Zealand hold vigils amid surge in immigration requestson Jul 19, 2021 at 8:05 am
- This week in pictures: We'd never seen anything like it and we hope to never see it againon Jul 17, 2021 at 1:53 pm
- SA unrest: How defiance and protest morphed into violenceon Jul 17, 2021 at 10:10 am
- Dealing with looting - What happens after the spree?on Jul 17, 2021 at 9:40 am
- Struggling to ignore the best advice I’ve ever been givenon Jul 17, 2021 at 8:09 am
- Relief arriving for ravaged Durbanon Jul 17, 2021 at 8:04 am