The Independent on Saturday is an English-language South African newspaper, part of Independent News & Media. It was launched in 1998 to replace the Saturday Paper, which was formed in the mid-1990s after the demise of the Saturday editions of the Daily News and the Mercury. The Independent on Saturday circulates primarily in the greater Durban area, but is also distributed to other parts of the KwaZulu-Natal province.
IOL section feed for The Independent On Saturday IOL Section Feed from Independent Media (South Africa).
- Watch: It’s mating season and snakes are wrestling for romanceon Nov 2, 2021 at 4:07 pm
- LIVE BLOG: Elections results: DA leads in vote counting in Western Cape municipalitieson Nov 2, 2021 at 1:16 pm
- Election results: ANC leads in Ekurhuleni so far but experts say hung council likelyon Nov 2, 2021 at 8:54 am
- Let’s brace for more load sheddingon Nov 2, 2021 at 8:53 am
- How to support your child’s mental well-being during examson Nov 2, 2021 at 8:53 am
- Durban family hijacked, robbed and taken on terror ride allegedly by bogus cops on the N3on Oct 31, 2021 at 7:28 am
- Local government elections: Hiccups during special voting in KZNon Oct 30, 2021 at 2:39 pm
- Local government elections: Locked voting stations in KZN forced open, police deployedon Oct 30, 2021 at 1:30 pm
- Special voting: Landlords ditch IEC at the last minuteon Oct 30, 2021 at 1:19 pm