SowetanLIVE is the website of the Sowetan which is the the English-language South African daily newspaper.
We bring you a unique perspective of South Africa and International news.
SowetanLIVE SowetanLIVE RSS
- Residents of dysfunctional Ditsobotla hoping for the bestby KokaM@arena.africa (Mpho Koka) on Nov 1, 2021 at 12:31 pm
Despite an almost two-hour delay to the start of voting at Thabo Mpempe Primary School, dozens of residents in the dysfunctional Ditsobotla local municipality in Lichtenburg, North West, were in high spirits. Residents of Boikhutso started arriving at the voting station as early as 6.30am, some dressed in political party regalia.
- Jacob Zuma says his vote went to the ANCby email@example.com (Zimasa Matiwane) on Nov 1, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Former president Jacob Zuma on Monday called on ANC members to vote for the party.
- Ace Magashule’s absence is no factor in Mangaung voter attitude as many stay away due to poor servicesby Mawande@sundaytimes.co.za (Mawande AmaShabalala) on Nov 1, 2021 at 12:07 pm
“I have voted all my life, but not now. I am tired of all the stealing of public money while we suffer.”
- The pain of not finding my name on the rollby SobuwaY@sowetan.co.za (Yoliswa Sobuwa) on Nov 1, 2021 at 11:58 am
Kaylee Veeran was looking forward to cast her vote at Hofland Park Recreational Centre in Johannesburg but her name was not on the voters roll there.
- Rain delays opening of 19 voting stations in Western Capeon Nov 1, 2021 at 11:49 am
Inclement weather in Cape Town delayed the opening of more than a dozen voting stations.
- KwaBhaca resident, 119, makes her mark and wants you to do the sameon Nov 1, 2021 at 11:36 am
KwaBhaca resident, 119-year-old Nomamelika Emily Philiso, is believed to be one of the oldest people to vote in the local government elections and despite being frail, she showed excitement for voting and lashed out at those refusing to vote.
- Chiefs determined to keep the momentum going as Stellenbosch loom on the horizonby firstname.lastname@example.org (Mninawa Ntloko) on Nov 1, 2021 at 11:33 am
Life at Naturena has not always been calm and tranquil this season, and coach Stuart Baxter will be the first to admit that his second coming at Kaizer Chiefs has not been as smooth as he would have hoped.
- Tinkler not impressed by quality of penalty takers’ kicks in City vs Sundowns cup finalby email@example.com (Mahlatse Mphahlele) on Nov 1, 2021 at 11:32 am
Cape Town City coach Eric Tinkler was left disappointed by the quality of his penalty takers' kicks after the Mother City club lost in the MTN8 final following a poor display during the tense shootout at the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Saturday night.
- Juju Valley resident Molomo hopes voting will take her out of miseryby RamothwalaP@sowetan.co.za (Peter Ramothwala) on Nov 1, 2021 at 11:27 am
After casting her vote, Shela Molomo got on with her day as she pushed a wheelbarrow to fetch water.