SowetanLIVE is the website of the Sowetan which is the the English-language South African daily newspaper.
We bring you a unique perspective of South Africa and International news.
SowetanLIVE SowetanLIVE RSS
- Hotel group apologises to shaken guest after midnight scare in Cape Townon December 4, 2023 at 3:53 pm
A leading hotel group has apologised to a startled guest who woke as a "strange man" entered her room just before midnight in Cape Town, saying it was a "genuine error".
- Renowned sports journo and 2010 comms head Jermaine Craig dieson December 4, 2023 at 2:24 pm
Respected sports journalist and former 2010 Fifa World Cup bid and local organising committee (LOC) communications head Jermaine Craig has died.
- All CCTV cameras are now working, says eThekwini municipalityby NxumaloS@sundaytimes.co.za (Sakhiseni Nxumalo) on December 4, 2023 at 2:06 pm
Amid the influx of travellers expected to flock to Durban this festive season, the eThekwini municipality has assured residents and holidaymakers that all of the city's cameras are now working to fight crime and track criminals.
- ‘They have to meet their maker to liberate society’: Malema on hitmen syndicate behind KZN killingson December 4, 2023 at 1:25 pm
EFF leader Julius Malema believes the government has not done enough to clamp down on violent killings carried out by a growing syndicate of hitmen in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Constitutional Court dismisses challenge to electoral law’s 200-seat splitby firstname.lastname@example.org (Andisiwe Makinana) on December 4, 2023 at 12:20 pm
South Africa's apex court has ruled that the 200/200 split in the Electoral Amendment Act passes constitutional muster.
- Strands of retreat: Easy hairstyle tips to try out this festive seasonon December 4, 2023 at 12:20 pm
We’re taking it easy this festive… so cut your hair some slack with low-effort styles that are kind to you and your vacation schedule
- WATCH | Bhekisisa: 'SA can’t give up on the anti-HIV jab, no matter the cost'on December 4, 2023 at 12:14 pm
In this 'Health Beat' episode, Mia Malan asks the health department if it will buy anti-HIV medications for state patients and talks to an expert about how well they work.
- Climate finance takes centre stage at COP28 climate talkson December 4, 2023 at 11:46 am
Money pledges are grabbing the spotlight at COP28 in Dubai, and more were expected on Monday as delegates turned their focus to the yawning gap in how much climate finance is needed and what's on tap.
- Cop accused of raping man he arrested on minor charge in Free Stateon December 4, 2023 at 11:38 am
The Independent Police Investigative Directorate says a police constable is expected to appear in the Bloemfontein magistrate's court on Monday on a rape charge.