The Eastern Province Herald is a newspaper, founded in 1845 and based in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
HeraldLIVE HeraldLIVE RSS
- Magistrate to rule on Terblanche’s bid for freedom next weekon May 23, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Murder accused businessman Arnold Terblanche’s fate is back in the hands of the magistrate who first denied him bail.
- Jikeleza driver to spend 14 years behind bars for rape and sexual assaulton May 23, 2022 at 3:26 pm
A jikeleza driver who raped a young woman in the bushes along the N2 highway and sexually assaulted her sister has been sentenced to an effective 14 years in prison.
- Greenville Primary probes storeroom fireon May 23, 2022 at 3:23 pm
Greenville Primary School is investigating the cause of a fire which broke out at one of their storage rooms on Monday morning.
- 'You came so close to bringing it home': Mthethwa salutes Pirates after CAF Confederations lossby firstname.lastname@example.org (Unathi Nkanjeni) on May 23, 2022 at 1:08 pm
"You made us proud and you have demonstrated the competitiveness of SA football clubs that continue to excel in Caf tournaments," said Nathi Mthethwa
- 'Cabinet is not run like a spaza shop': Mbalula denies getting kicked out of meetingby email@example.com (Nonkululeko Njilo) on May 23, 2022 at 1:07 pm
Transport minister Fikile Mbalula has poured cold water over allegations that he was kicked out of a cabinet meeting due to a lack of preparation.
- Irvin Jim draws first blood against Vavi in battle for soul of Saftu at congressby Mawande@sundaytimes.co.za (Mawande AmaShabalala) on May 23, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Numsa boss Irvin Jim and his union drew first blood in his tussle with Saftu general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi for the soul of the trade union federation.
- Meghan Cremer murder accused abandons bail bidon May 23, 2022 at 12:16 pm
Shiraaz Jaftha, one of three men accused of kidnapping and murdering Meghan Cremer in August, has joined his co-accused in forfeiting his bail application.
- Ukraine says 87 killed in strike on barracks, worst military loss of waron May 23, 2022 at 12:15 pm
Kyiv acknowledged its worst military losses from a single attack of the Ukraine war on Monday, saying 87 people had been killed last week when Russian forces struck a barracks housing troops at a training base in the north.
- Uncapped Tucker named in Women’s Proteas squad to face Irelandon May 23, 2022 at 11:59 am
Cricket SA (CSA) has announced a strong 15-player squad to tour Ireland for a One-Day International (ODI) and T20 International (T20I) series between June 3 and 17 in Dublin.