The Eastern Province Herald is a newspaper, founded in 1845 and based in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
HeraldLIVE HeraldLIVE RSS
- 'I'm not scared of Covid-19': says gravedigger who works 24-hour shifts as India's Covid-19 death toll soarson Apr 30, 2021 at 4:10 am
Two or three months into the Covid-19 crisis, Mumbai gravedigger Sayyed Munir Kamruddin stopped wearing personal protective equipment and gloves.
- Shoot-out in Stellenbosch after foiled cash-in-transit heist at Macassarby email@example.com (Aron Hyman) on Apr 30, 2021 at 4:10 am
A cash-in-transit heist which started in Macassar, Cape Town, on Thursday ended in a shoot-out with the police in Stellenbosch.
- CSA's Dumisa Ntsebeza on TRC-like hearings: 'Nobody will be harassed'by MalepaT@arena.africa (Tiisetso Malepa) on Apr 30, 2021 at 4:10 am
Cricket SA’s transformation ombudsman advocate Dumisa Ntsebeza has said his enquiries can be effective only if there are public hearings - and that they will mirror the TRC commission.
- Use abandoned buildings to address housing backlog: Bathabile Dlaminiby firstname.lastname@example.org (Amanda Khoza) on Apr 30, 2021 at 4:10 am
"People want to live closer to work environments where they have access to transport ... Covid-19 and job losses have affected affordability," said Mandu Mamatela from the National Housing Finance Corporation.
- China reports new African swine fever outbreak in Inner Mongoliaon Apr 30, 2021 at 4:09 am
China's agriculture ministry said on Thursday it had confirmed an outbreak of African swine fever on a farm in the northern region of Inner Mongolia, the 10th outbreak reported so far this year.
- Sexwale 'heritage fund': Bank for International Settlements does not service companies or individualson Apr 30, 2021 at 4:09 am
The Bank for International Settlements has refuted claims by Tokyo Sexwale about it holding a looted heritage fund.
- SA reacts to former North West premier Supra Mahumapelo's suspensionby email@example.com (Cebelihle Bhengu) on Apr 30, 2021 at 4:09 am
Some welcomed the suspension of Mahumapelo from the ANC and said it should serve as a warning for party secretary-general and former Free State premier Ace Magashule.
- Being black not a crime says KZN premier, as he slams lack of US police co-operation on Myeni's shootingon Apr 30, 2021 at 4:09 am
KwaZulu-Natal premier Sihle Zikalala has lambasted the Honolulu police department for its lack of co-operation in releasing information regarding the death of rugby player Lindani Myeni, who was shot by police there two weeks ago.
- Human Settlements Development Bank close to being finalisedby firstname.lastname@example.org (Amanda Khoza) on Apr 30, 2021 at 4:09 am
Deputy minister of human settlements, water and sanitation Pam Tshwete on Thursday told parliament that the establishment of the Human Settlements Development Bank was at an advanced stage.