The Citizen brings you breaking news, current affairs, celebrity and entertainment news, as well as sport news throughout the day.
The Citizen More News Your Way
- More than half of European adults fully vaccinatedby Vhahangwele Nemakonde on Jul 22, 2021 at 11:01 pm
The EU's rollout began more slowly than in Britain and the United States because of supply shortages, and drew heavy criticism during the first months of the year.
- Tunisia rescues 166 migrants at sea, 16 deadby Vhahangwele Nemakonde on Jul 22, 2021 at 10:03 pm
The route between Libya and Europe is considered the most dangerous one across the Mediterranean.
- Zuma slapped with summons to pay back R18m in legal feesby Siyanda Ndlovu on Jul 22, 2021 at 8:50 pm
Zuma lost an appeal at the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) back in April and was ordered to pay back the money.
- Chicken looted from Durban warehouse contaminated, Ethekwini warns publicby Siyanda Ndlovu on Jul 22, 2021 at 8:14 pm
It said that the meat was not stored and transported at a correct temperatures.
- Daily Lotto results: Thursday, 22 July 2021by Vhahangwele Nemakonde on Jul 22, 2021 at 7:35 pm
Tonight's Daily Lotto Jackpot is R400 000! Here are your winning Daily Lotto results for Thursday 22 July, brought to you by The Citizen.
- Miller blasts Proteas to T20 series win against Irelandby Jacques van der Westhuyzen on Jul 22, 2021 at 6:32 pm
There were also strong performances by the spin duo of Tabraiz Shamsi - again - and Bjorn Fortuin.
- Bushiri extradition: Review hearing on SA witnesses adjournedby Siyanda Ndlovu on Jul 22, 2021 at 5:43 pm
Both the State and the defence have 14 days to make further submissions.
- Covid-19 update: SA records 14,858 new cases as Sahpra investigates 28 vaccine-linked deathsby Siyanda Ndlovu on Jul 22, 2021 at 5:26 pm
433 Covid-19 related deaths have been reported, which brings the total number of fatalities to 68,625 to date.
- How a local KZN businessman helped quell racial tension among the riotsby Nica on Jul 22, 2021 at 4:51 pm
Nick Nzama brought together people from all walks of life - from neighbourhood watch members to taxi operators and businesspeople.