Die Matie is a student newspaper at the University of Stellenbosch. Founded in 1941, Die Matie is published every second Wednesday during the academic …
Official Student Newspaper Established 1941
- Women rugby: Every try to inspire girlsby Ane Havenga on October 11, 2023 at 11:58 am
by Ané Havenga Women’s rugby has been increasing in popularity of late and South Africa is slowly but surely catching up to some of the bigger nations. There has been a definite mindset change in the players, the sport, andRead More The post Women rugby: Every try to inspire girls first appeared on Official Student Newspaper.
- A Parallel universe: A Maties parking storyby Die Matie Journalist on October 11, 2023 at 11:35 am
by Almé Hugo It is 3pm on a Wednesday afternoon. You just finished a two-hour tutorial at the opposite end of campus and the weather is hot enough to turn Stellenbosch into Hell-enbosch for the time-being. But do not worry!Read More The post A Parallel universe: A Maties parking story first appeared on Official Student Newspaper.
- To the internet and beyond for Rhodes scholar Tessaby Taro Samuelson on October 11, 2023 at 11:29 am
by Taro Sameulson When Tessa Malan, a BScHons Computer Science student at Stellenbosch University (SU), found out she received a full-ride two year scholarship to the University of Oxford, she said it felt surreal. The prestigious Rhodes scholarship is onlyRead More The post To the internet and beyond for Rhodes scholar Tessa first appeared on Official Student Newspaper.
- Ubhiyozo lwenkcubeko yakwaNtu kwi-dyunivesithi yase-Stellenbosch by Liyabona Mqina on September 27, 2023 at 1:15 pm
Isebe leeLwimi zaseAfrika kwiUnivesithi yaseStellenbosch libonakalise ukuzingca ngeeNkcubeko yakwaNtu ngokuthi libhiyozele usuku lwelifa leMveli (Heritage Day) ngomhla wama-22 kweyoMsintsi 2023. Imibutho ethe yathatha inkxaxheba ekubeni olusuku lube yimpumelelo ibilisebe leelwimi zesiNtu (Department of African Languages), Isebe lomculo (Music Department), Ifakalthi yezakwalizwiRead More The post Ubhiyozo lwenkcubeko yakwaNtu kwi-dyunivesithi yase-Stellenbosch first appeared on Official Student Newspaper.
- Toyota Woordfees 2023: Waarvoor om na uit te kykby Die Matie Journalist on September 27, 2023 at 1:09 pm
deur Emma Hamman en Lienke Norval Met die afskop van die vierde kwartaal word studente terug verwelkom met eikebome wat bot en die komende woordfees wat die strate van Stellenbosch sal vul. Die Toyota Woordfees word met ope arms terugRead More The post Toyota Woordfees 2023: Waarvoor om na uit te kyk first appeared on Official Student Newspaper.
- Where to Watch the Rugby: Stellies cacthes Bok Feverby Emma Hamman on September 27, 2023 at 10:47 am
by Emma Hamman The Rugby World Cup is well underway and the Bokke are currently second in their pool following Ireland. With the World Cup Final only a month away, Bok fever has taken over Stellenbosch and game days areRead More The post Where to Watch the Rugby: Stellies cacthes Bok Fever first appeared on Official Student Newspaper.
- SRC Elections Comes to an Endby Die Matie Journalist on September 27, 2023 at 8:34 am
by Flavia Davids and Laura Mutyambizi In an unprecedented turn of events, election season in Stellenbosch University (SU) was still underway well into the beginning of the fourth term. The elections were saddled with difficulty relating to the disqualification ofRead More The post SRC Elections Comes to an End first appeared on Official Student Newspaper.
- Totally kiln’ it!by Die Matie Journalist on August 23, 2023 at 11:40 am
by Hannah Del Cuore When asked to describe The Pottery in three words, “live life creatively” was what Dillon Marshall chose to go with. It perfectly sums up the vibe that has been cultivated at this new ceramic café onRead More The post Totally kiln’ it! first appeared on Official Student Newspaper.
- Free pads now available on campusby Die Matie Journalist on August 23, 2023 at 11:21 am
The path towards ending period poverty by Tegan Gibaud There has long been a demand for free sanitary products within schools and universities. Stellenbosch University (SU) is taking the step towards this by providing free menstrual pads. They can beRead More The post Free pads now available on campus first appeared on Official Student Newspaper.