The paper focuses on the important national and local news of the day, with background and analysis. Its leader and opinion pages offer a platform for a diversity of views and aims to foster informed debate.
The daily Business Report within The Mercury contains news on international market trends, and national company and business news.
IOL section feed for The Mercury IOL Section Feed from Independent Media (South Africa).
- Footage of suspects can be obtained from looted ATMs - Sabricon Jul 21, 2021 at 11:32 am
- Buthelezi hits back at Prince Thokozani, says King Misuzulu is an educated man of his ownon Jul 21, 2021 at 11:17 am
- SA unrest: 2 arrested in Verulam after double-door fridge, flat screens and truck tyres foundon Jul 21, 2021 at 11:11 am
- Cogta promises to rebuild small towns in KwaZulu-Natal in the wake of the unreston Jul 21, 2021 at 11:10 am
- KZN racial profiling slammed: Government taken to task for ignoring tensions, violenceon Jul 21, 2021 at 11:05 am
- Riots render eThekwini ‘a disaster zone’, property damaged, billions lost in revenueon Jul 21, 2021 at 11:00 am
- WATCH: Alleged unrest instigator Ngizwe Mchunu to remain behind bars for another weekon Jul 21, 2021 at 10:58 am
- This is how Justice Minister Ronald Lamola plans to prosecute KZN, Gauteng looterson Jul 21, 2021 at 10:57 am
- Singer Lloyd Cele composes song to thank the country’s health-care workers amid the Covid-19 pandemicon Jul 21, 2021 at 10:17 am